Sunday 28 March 2010

Perfectly Packaged

Anyone who has ever received an item from me will know how much thought, time and effort goes into presentation and packing.

It has always amazed me when I have gone to France, how they not only take effort in selling you an item, but then take so much time after you have bought the item, in making sure that you can totally relive the pleasure of buying, by opening layers of tissue and ribbon to discover that treasured item

This is an experience I try to replicate for my customers, as there is nothing more satisfying than waiting for the postman to bring your treasured purchase (sometimes you might have been waiting till payday to afford it!!) and then to take the time to discover it.

My hair slides are presented on a custom made gift card, wrapped in tissue and then popped in an organza bag. Most of the items have tissue and an organza bag at the least.

I also try and keep my postage costs to a minimum for the customer. Unfortunately, at the moment this is being jeopardised by Mr Postie who seems to damage some items, to the despair of both me and the recipient. This means that certain items, like my rings, now have to be packed in boxes not just the bubble wrap and the postage cost has risen from a large letter to small packet.

Most of my packing gets done at night, when the children are fast asleep, so no photos to show you at the moment, as the lighting is never right. My aim is to take photos of this during the day, so keep posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment